Since I promised to start doing more Keto friendly recipes, here is one. It’s not too bad, but the notes are important. Learn from my mistakes, and don’t do them, and everything should come out just fine! Pay attention to the notes at the end of the recipe. Other than those, it’s actually a very easy recipe, and now that I’ve done it once, I may do it again for any of my friends who want keto friendly recipes. But I doubt I’ll make it again just for me.
Next time I may also just try a Keto sugar cookie. Shouldn’t be too hard with just a straight sub of flour/sugar to keto friendly alternatives.
Cream Cheese Keto Cookies with Lemon Icing
- ¼ Cup Unsalted Butter Softened
- 2 Oz Cream Cheese Softened
- ⅓ Cup Keto Friendly Sugar (Monk Fruit blend) Or ½ Cup if you want it sweeter
- 1 Egg
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Sour Cream Optional
- 3 Cups Almond Flour
- ½ Cup Mascarpone Softened
- 4 Oz Cream Cheese Softened
- ¼ Cup Powdered, Keto Friendly Sugar
- ¼ Cup Heavy Cream
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Lemon Zest
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 350° F, and line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a hand mixer or stand mixer to beat together the butter, cream cheese, and sweetener, until it's fluffy and light in color.
- Beat in the vanilla extract, salt and egg. Beat in sour cream, if using.
- Beat in the almond flour, 1/2 cup at a time. (The dough will be dense and a little crumbly, but should stick when pressed together.)
- Use a medium cookie scoop (about 1 1/2 tbsp) to scoop balls of the dough onto the prepared cookie sheet. Flatten with your palm.
- Whip the mascarpone and cream cheese together in a bowl using a hand mixer.
- Add ¼ cup of the heavy cream, swerve confectioners, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and zest, then mix until smooth and creamy.