This is a great recipe I wanted to try. I was attempting to make a copy of Safeway’s “Susan Cookies” and I think I did a good job, though if I was having them just for me, I would have used Milk Chocolate, as opposed to Semi-Sweet Chocolate. And maybe baked them a little less, a few days later and they are a little firm for Shortbread, at least to my personal taste.
Chocolate Topped Vanilla Shortbread Cookies
- 1 Cup Salted Butter
- 2 ½ Cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¾ Cup Granulated Sugar
- ¾ Bag Chocolate Chips
- Cream butter, Sugar, and Vanilla.
- Add Flour ½ Cup at a time till soft dough forms.
- Turn dough out and kneed till smooth. Chill for about 30 minutes.
- Form little balls, and flatten into "pucks". Bake 20-25 minutes till done.
- After you remove from the oven, indent the pucks slightly in the middle. I used the bottom of a Table Spoon. Allow to cool on cooling racks.
- Melt your preferred chocolate chips in a measuring cup. Spoon your desired amount into the indents on your shortbread pucks.