This was a regular meal growing up at my house. It keeps for a while, freezes well, and defrosts super easy. Everyone always loves it, and I never can seem to make enough of it to satisfy everyone when I do make it.
- 3 Lbs Ground Beef
- 2 16oz Cans Lima Beans
- 2 16oz Cans Pinto Beans
- 2 16oz Cans Kidney Beans
- 1 32oz Can Hominy
- 2 Cans Chopped Green Chilies
- 3-4 Cans Stewed Tomatoes
- 2 Pkgs Taco Seasoning
- 2 Pkgs Ranch Seasoning
- 1-2 Pkgs Shredded Cheese Mexican blend is good, but it's up to you.
- 1-2 Bags Corn Tortilla Chips
- Brown beef in a skillet. After you drain away excess fat, add the packages of Taco and Ranch seasoning to the beef and brown a little more.
- In a 5 quart crock-pot, mix together meat, Lima, Pinto, and Kidney beans, Chilies, Tomatoes, and Hominy. Put on high for several hours, or low over night.
- When serving, add cheese and eat with chips.
This recipe works soo much better in a crock pot, as you don't have to baby sit it. If you don't have a large enough crock pot you can cook it on the stove, but you have to make sure to watch it so nothing burns to the bottom of you pot while it's all cooking together.