This is a lovely recipe we have made several times now, but this last one was the best with a new filling addition. Great for breakfast, or a lovely dessert. Don’t forget to read the notes on this one though, there are many important things there you will need to know, and don’t forget to read through the instructions before you start doing anything, it really does help as Crêpes can be a bit touchy.
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 3 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter Melted
- 3/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 8oz Pkg Cream Cheese Softened
- 1 1/4 Cup Powdered Sugar Sifted
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream Whipped
- 1-2 Lbs. Strawberries
- Chop about 2 1/2 Cups strawberries in a bowl and add about 2 teaspoons of suger. Mix together and set aside, preferably overnight.
- Soften the cream cheese and add to a bowl with the Powdered Sugar, Lemon Juice, and Vanilla Extract. Beat with an electric mixer till smooth and creamy.
- In a separate bowl, beat the Heavy Cream till light and fluffy with an electric mixer.
- Softly fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Set aside.
- In a bowl add together Eggs, Milk, Water, Flour, Butter, and Salt. The batter will be slightly runny, but that is fine, and how it is supposed to be.
- To make the Crêpe, set your stove burner to about MEd heat and take a 4 inch frying pan and place it over your burner. Spray pan with cooking spray, and allow to get nice and hot over the burner before adding your batter. This is important!
- Use a 1/4 Cup measuring cup to help scoop the batter out of the bowl and into the pan. Coat the bottom of the pan with a thin layer of batter, rotating the pan as you pour to ensure an even coating. You will most likely NOT use the entire 1/4 Cup of batter, and that is fine and preferred.
- After about 1-2 mins your crepe should be ready to flip. Flip the crepe and let it set for another 1-2 mins. After your crepe is done, set it aside on a damp paper towel to cool for a minute or two. Repeat these steps until all your Crêpes are made.
- To serve your Crêpe, place one on a plate, add a little bit of your creme to the middle like you would a burrito. After you do that, spoon out some of your strawberry filling, and if you wish add some sliced strawberries to the inside as well. Fold over one side of your Crêpe, add a little dab of the creme filling to the flap, and then fold over the other side of your Crêpe, sealing the two sides together with your dab of creme. To finish it off, add a line of creme filling to the top of your crêpe, and add on as many sliced strawberries as you wish. For a final little flourish, you can sprinkle your Crêpe with powdered sugar before you serve.
Making Crêpes is a bit touchy. You have to make sure to add a thin coating of batter to your pan, making sure it is even all the way around the pan. Also, the amount of strawberries you use is entirely up to you, and don't forget, you can also fill your crêpe with anything you like. We picked strawberries because we like them, but you can also add in banana's, blueberries, peaches, anything you want really. It's all up to you.