While I’m writing this post, I’m actually waiting to bake these. I’ve actually done a little addition to these, as is normal for me. What I did is added a little ground nutmeg. It made it smell super good, and I’m hoping it makes it taste good too.
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 Cup Butter
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar Packed
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1½ tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 3 Cups Oats
- 1 - 1½ Cups Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips Or milk chocolate, your choice
- 1 Dash Ground Nutmeg I used maybe half a teaspoon, but I eyed it
- In a bowl combine Flour, Baking Soda, Salt, and Cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a big mixing bowl combine Butter and both Sugars. Beat in Eggs one at a time, then mix in Vanilla.
- Slowly combine dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Mix in oats, then chocolate chip cookies.
- Cover dough mixture and chill for at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place walnut sized balls onto cookie sheet, then flatten with a fork dipped in sugar.
- Bake 8-10 minutes. Allow cookies to cool before transferring to cooking racks.