Ok, now my grandmother makes this often as people always seem to ask for it. I’ve made it a few times, and it’s also a pretty big hit. A note to remember, we use walnuts, however we have also made it before with pecans. I have one friend who can’t have walnuts, and one who can’t have pecans. So I have made one of each for them both at one point, so you can substitute.
- 3 Eggs Beaten
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. All Purpose Flour
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 1 ½ Cups Walnuts
- 1 Cup Syrup
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Combine Eggs, Sugar, Flour, Syrup, Butter, and Vanilla. Blend well.
- Pour into pie shell and add nuts.
- Bake in lower third of oven for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven to 350F and bake for an additional 35-45 minutes.