I’m pretty sure this is my grandmothers favorite cookie. She absolutely loves it, and everyone always asks her to make them.
Mexican Wedding Cakes "Polvorones"
- 1 Cup Butter
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- ⅛ tsp. Salt
- ½ Cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- ½ Cup Walnuts Finely Chopped
- Cream butter, sugar, and vanilla. Add flour, nuts, and salt.
- Shape in 1" balls on an un-greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 325 F 20-25 minutes till lightly browned.
- Roll in powdered sugar while warm. Cool. Roll again in powdered sugar, sprinkle with chopped nuts if desired.