23 December, 2016
Lemon CurdPosted in : Desserts, Grandmas Kitchen, Lemon, Recipe on by : Joseph Guimarin Tags: Recipes
Made this once, and it’s wonderful. However, my grandmother makes this like it’s not one’s business. lol.
- 1 Cup Butter
- 1 ½ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 4 Large Lemons Use the Juice and Finely Grated Rind
- 4 Eggs
- Cut butter into small pieces and put in top part of a double boiler over simmering water. Add sugar, lemon juice, lemon rind, and stir constantly until well blended.
- Still Stirring, pour a little of lemon mixture into beaten eggs, then pour all the eggs and lemon mixture into the double boiler.
- Stir until thickens (still cooking). May take 10 minutes.
- Pour into clean jar. Cover tightly and refrigerate.
May be used for lemon pie, filling for small tart shells, or spread for toast, crackers, or anything you wish to spread it on. Will keep for up to a month or longer if properly refrigerated.