Who doesn't love some lemon bars? Always super good, and it seems like they are just what we always want when we eat them!
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter Melted
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour Leveled
- 2 Tbsp All Purpose Flour Leveled
- 2 Cups Granulated Sugar
- 6 Tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 6 Eggs
- 1 Cup Lemon Juice About 4 Lemons.
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Zest
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar 1/2 Cup is an estimate, just dust to your pleasure.
- Preheat the oven to 325° F. Line the bottom and sides of a 9×13 baking pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on the sides to lift the finished bars out. Set aside.
- Mix the melted butter, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt together in a bowl.
- Add the flour and stir till completely combined. The dough will be thick.
- Press firmly into prepared pan, making sure the layer of crust is nice and even.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until the edges are *lightly* browned. Remove from the oven
- Using a fork, poke holes all over the top of the warm crust (not all the way through the crust). Set aside.
- Sift the sugar and flour together in a large bowl. Whisk in the eggs.
- Add lemon juice and lemon zest till completely combined. Then pour over warm crust.
- Make the bars for 22-26 minutes or until the center is relatively set and no longer jiggles (give the pan a light tap to test).
- Remove bars from the oven and cool completely at room temperature, then place in fridge to cool an additional 1-2 hours.
- Lift the bars out of the pan using the parchment paper. Dust with powdered sugar, cut into squares and serve chilled.
For neat squares, wipe the knife clean between each cut.