This is a lovely recipe we make all the time. It’s super good, and we tend to eat more and more of it every time we make it. It does work as a half recipe though and perfectly feeds the three of us! And although it says Instantpot, you can still make it with pots and pans, we just haven’t ever done it, so can’t give you the times it takes. Sorry.
Instantpot Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Yellow Onion Small
- 3 Cups Brococli
- ½ tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- ¼ Cup Cold Water
- ¼ Tbsp Corn Starch
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 10-12 Oz Sharp Cheddar
- 32 Oz Vegetable Broth
- 1-2 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- Corn Starch
- 1 Loaf of Sourdough Bread
- Dice yellow your onion, and cut up your broccoli.
- Turn your Instantpot on and set to sauté. Put in butter, garlic, and onions and sauté till onions are soft.
- Add pepper, salt, and crushed red pepper, Broccoli and mix together.
- Prepare your 32 Oz of Vegetable Broth and add to Instantpot. Put lid on and pressure cook for 6 minutes.
- While cooking, grate cheese, or if you're using already grated cheese, place your cheese in a bowl and coat lightly with some corn starch.
- After your 5 – 10 minutes (we do 6ish), release steam and add heavy cream. Slowly add your cheese a hand full at a time, stirring well after each addition. After everything is mixed, add cornstarch till the soup reaches desired consistency.
- Slice your bread up, dish out, and enjoy!