16 December, 2016
EnchiladasPosted in : Chicken, Dinner, Recipe on by : Joseph Guimarin
I have made this recipe many, many, times. It’s always a big hit, and makes what I think are the perfect enchiladas.
- 2 Cans (16oz) Refried Beans
- 20 Flour Tortillas 8 Inch round
- 2 Cans Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
- 2 Cups Sour Cream
- 6 Cups Cooked Chicken Shredded
- 6 Cups Shredded Cheese
- 2 Cans Enchilada Sauce
- ½ Cup Sliced Green Onions 6-8 Onion Stalks
- 2 Cans Sliced Olives
- Spread about 2 tablespoons of beans on each tortilla. Combine soup and sour cream; stir in chicken. Spoon 1/3 to 1/2 cup down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Pour enchilada sauce over top; sprinkle with onions, olives and cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes or until heated through. Just before serving.
I like to use Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup *with herbs*. Makes a big difference I have noticed. Also while making them I like to add some garlic powder, and some Italian Seasoning (made by McCormick). I can't really tell you how much I use, cause I just kinda add it till I decide that I put enough in. I'd say no more than a tablespoon though, but I can't really be sure. Next time I'll make it I'll try and measure it. I also personally like to use foil disposable baking pans, 13" x 9" x 3". Makes clean up soo much easier, and since I tend to take them to a lot of parties, it makes it easy to prep them ahead of time, and then just take them where I'm going and heat them up there.