21 March, 2017
Found this online, made a few tweaks, and it really is good. The original claim is that this is “an easy alternative to buying those famous cinnamon rolls in the mall. They taste exactly the same…” I can not however comment on this, as I have not had those famous Mall Rolls in a while. lol. But I do know they are very good, and everyone in the house and at work liked them!!
- 1/2 Pkg Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 1 Cup Milk Warm is best
- 1/4 Cup Warm Water
- 1 Egg Room Temperature
- 1 Tbs Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 4 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Pkg Active Dry Yeast
- 1/2 Cup Butter Softened
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 4-5 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 3/4 Cup Chopped Pecans Optional
- 1 4oz Pkg Cream Cheese Softened
- 1/4 Cup Butter Softened
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 tsp Milk
- Combine Water, 1/4 Cup melted butter, vanilla pudding, 1 Cup warm Milk, egg, 1 Tbs. Granulated Sugar, Salt, Flour, and Yeast. (If you have a mixer, set machine to mix till dough is the correct consistency.
- When dough is finished, turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and roll into a 17x10 inch rectangle. Spread with 1/2 cup softened butter. In a small bowl, stir together brown sugar, cinnamon, and pecans. Sprinkle brown sugar mixture over dough.
- Butter a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Roll up dough, beginning with long side. Slice into 16 one-inch slices; place in prepared pan. Let rolls rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake rolls in preheated oven until browned, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir together cream cheese, 1/4 cup softened butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla extract, and 1 1/2 teaspoons milk. Remove rolls from oven and let cool until warm; spread frosting over warm rolls.